Physical exercise, physical activities like workout, hiking and travelling are fun and are all important aspects of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. However, it can also cause various skin problems. These problems can range from mild irritation to more serious conditions requiring medical attention.
It is important to be aware of the potential skin problems that may arise and take steps to prevent them. By maintaining proper hygiene and choosing the right clothing and equipment, you can enjoy the benefits of exercise without experiencing the negative effects on your skin.
Potential reasons which can lead to skin problems after physical exercise:
- One of the common skin problems associated with exercise is acne. The combination of sweat and bacteria on the skin can clog pores and lead to breakouts.
- Another common problem is chafing, which occurs when the skin rubs against clothing or equipment and becomes irritated due to friction. Rubbing can cause redness, itching, and even blisters, and it can be especially annoying in sensitive areas.
- A heat ruch or a prickly heat. This condition occurs when the sweat glands become blocked and the sweat produced cannot exit through the skin, leading to skin irritation and even infection.
- In some cases, exercise can also cause an allergic reaction. This may be due to the materials of clothing or equipment, or exposure to certain chemicals in the environment.
- Physical exercise – related skin problems can also include fungal and bacterial infections. Fungal infections, such as athlete’s foot, are caused by fungi that thrive in warm, humid environments such as athletic shoes and locker rooms. Bacterial infections, such as folliculitis and impetigo, are caused by bacteria that can spread through contact with infected surfaces or other people.
Pimples, irritation, prickly heat, and infections are all common exercise – related skin problems, but they can be prevented with the right precautions. It is important to keep skin clean and dry and avoid sharing towels, clothes, and other personal items.
What you can do to keep your skin healthy
Take a shower and clean your skin right after you finish all your activities. If you out in the woods or hiking in the mountains look for a lake, a river or some other water reservoir.
Avoid tight clothing, wear loose cotton clothing, drink a lot of fluids to avoid dehydration, avoid overheating and do not use creams that can block pores – espessiacly creams and other skin related products with checmicals.
As a great solution to start taking care of your skin see our Fitness and Sport Body Serum Plus for moisturizing, nourishing and protecting your body skin during and after your physical activity. Beside other natural ingredients the serum contains unique antioxidant Natural Tomato Lycopene Complex, Black Cumin Oil, Calendula Oil and Tea Tree. Serum bottle volume is 50ml, it can be used at home or you can take it to your travels.